Sunday, August 3, 2008

Remember this? It turned into a 3 ply yarn, and then into this:

This is a slightly modified verson of the Morning Surf scarf from the Summer '08 issue of Spin-off magazine. My modification was to do 3 knit rows between "loopy" rows rather 5 rows specified in the pattern, because I didn't have much yarn, only about 165 yds.

I knitted all the yarn I had, and the scarf is only about half as long as it needs to be to go around a neck. So I dyed some more wool. I started with purple to match where the previous yarn ended, then I used more green in this batch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Terri, you are really cookin'!
I love the roving... I haven't had much luck with dyeing roving -I seem to felt it mostly. It carded out, but I'm afraid to try it again.

Wait till you decide to use Jaqard (sp?) or anolin (sp?) dyes. Woo, hoo.
they produce much more intense colors. It takes lots of koolaid to get heavy saturation.

I Never thought of putting it out in the sun in a plastic bag! How COOL is that!?!

So nice to catch up with you.
Jeannie
JeannieF (ravelry)

kat said...

hey wheres all the new stuff youve been making. I need a little terri inspiration.
kat