
I've been talking about having to finish the Dragon Socks for a while now, so I thought you'd like to see that I'm actually working on them. Here are the tails, blocking. One sock is done, the other is halfway up the foot (toe-up) this morning. Given enough knitting time, I'll have them finished by the deadline.
I got the idea for these socks from Cat Bordhi's book, but I didn't use the pattern except as a guideline. In the pattern, each spike in the tail was knit separately. If you know me, you know I hate weaving in ends. So I used entralac triangles and bound off each one as I went. Voila only 4 ends per tail to weave in! I also used sock yarn instead of worsted weight yarn, so I had to do some finagling (that's math) on the tails to get a good size. For the socks, I used my favorite toe-up sock and the Dragon Skin design. Wait 'til you see them all put together!
1 comment:
Yay Mom! I can't wait to see them. I know Broghan is going to love them. Thanks for all the finagling (math).
Post a Comment